Chapter Two Homework
1. Who are the parents of Philip Pritchett?
2. a.) Which county was Philip Pritchett live in when he brought suit against Moses Baker?
b.) Is there a relationship between the two men named Lewis Pritchett?
3. a.) Who are the parents of Charles D. McLain?
b.) What happened to him after his divorce from Ida?
4. a.) Were Ida and Emma married to the same man?
b.) Could Charles D. McClain and David McLain be the same man?
5. a.) Who are the parents of Amanda Steele, who is married to Joseph P. Walker?
b.) When did Joseph P. Walker die?
c.) Where is Joseph P. Walker buried?
6. Is Joseph Walker of Greenup County, Kentucky the same man as Joseph Walker of Boyd County, Kentucky?
7. Does Joseph appear as a taxpayer in either county?
8. a.) Willis M. Kemper, Genealogy of the Kemper Family
b.) William Gerald Rector, Loggers and Logging
c.) Thomas W. Jones, Merging Identities Properly
d.) Donn Devine, The Common Law of England
9. a.) 1810 Census, Montgomery County, Kentucky
b.) Fairfax County, Virginia Order Book
c.) Fairfax County, Virginia, Record of Surveys
d.) Stafford County, Virginia Deed Book
10. a.) Nellie Schreiner-Yantis, 1787 Census of Virginia
b.) Beth Mitchell, Fairfax County Road Orders
c.) George Harrison Sanford King, The Register of Overton Parish
d.) Joan W. Peters, The Tax Man Cometh
11. There is a smaller chance of errors when using original records.
12. Order the birth certificate from California.
13. I don't feel comfortable answering this particular question, as it may entail using too much information from the book, therefore violating copyright.
14. Same as #13.
15. Same as #13.
16. Same as #13.
17. It takes more than once source to answer the question. Combining different sources allows comparison.
18. When we ask a specific question, we are on the lookout for the specific answer. It is important to record negative results.